Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Going on the Road Home



Hello all. My name is Robert. Some of you may know me and others may not. For those of you who do not, Here is my story. I grew up on Harleys. My older brothers used to take me to Lake Havasu on the back of their Harleys since I was old enough to ride. As soon as I got old enough to feel that I would not kill myself, I went out and bought a Bike. This is it. My first bike. It's a 2001 Softail Standard FXST. One of my favorite things to do is travel cross country on my bike. It has been four years since I have had the chance to do this. I am going on the Road Home. Harley-Davidson is having a joint celebration in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. From August 27-31, we will be celebrating the 105th anniversary of Harley-Davidson and the 25th anniversary of Harley Owners Group (H.O.G.). There will be bands, parades, festivals and the opening of the brand new Harley-Davidson Museum! I will be traveling from Los Angeles, Ca. to Bend, Or., through Washington State, to Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Iowa and into Milwaukee. By the time I get home, I will have gone over 5,500 miles.

It is going to be a great adventure, meeting new people, seeing new places and doing it all from the saddle of my Harley. What could be better? I invite you to come along through my blog and see what I see. Meet who I meet. Experience what I experience. I will be posting photos, videos and text of what I see on a daily basis from my cell phone. Now this is no fruit phone. It's only Windows Mobile for me. Pix is such a cool place to work, letting me take so much time off to bring you this adventure, right to your desktop. See you on the road!

Robert.

No comments: